List of Acceptable Items:
- Stainless Steel
- Items from inside a car that are not VIN specific (Drained Radiators, Starters, Alternators, etc.)
- Electric Motors
- Electronic Waste (Computers, Circuit Boards, Cable Boxes, Cell Phones, etc.)
- Appliances (Washing Machines, Dryers, Ranges, Microwaves, Dish Washers)
and many other metals…
List of Unacceptable Items:
- Body parts of automobiles (hood, side panels, doors).
- Steel cable and barbed wire must be cut into lengths no longer than 3 ft.
- Beer kegs
- Tires or wheels with tires.
- Asbestos materials
- Metals owned by the city or railroad.
- Live ammunition
- Items containing oil/gasoline/fluids, such as lawn mowers, must be completely drained before it can be accepted.
- Engine blocks and transmissions must have oil pan removed and drained of oil.
- Items containing refrigerant (refrigerators, air conditioners) unless refrigerant and compressors have been removed. These items will be accepted for free if the compressor is still attached.
- Compressors must be drilled and emptied of mineral oil.
- Burnt Wire
- Plastics, wood, glass, Styrofoam, cardboard or trash
- We can no longer take Televisions or Monitors
Places You Can Recycle Items We Cannot Accept
Pierce County has sites where you can recycle plastics, glass and cardboard. Use the Pierce County Public Works & Utilities page to find a list of locations where you can drop-off those items.
Sonoco, located at 1802 Steele Avenue Sumner, WA, will also take/buy cardboard.
If you are looking to get rid of Styrofoam the Tacoma Recycling Center accepts that and packing peanuts.
Tacoma Recycling Center
3510 S Mullen
Ph: (253) 591-5543