List of Acceptable Items:
- Stainless Steel
- Items from inside a car that are not VIN specific (Drained Radiators, Starters, Alternators, etc.)
- Electric Motors
- Electronic Waste (Computers, Circuit Boards, Cable Boxes, Cell Phones, etc.)
- Appliances (Washing Machines, Dryers, Ranges, Microwaves, Dish Washers)
- We take Televisions/Monitors for free
and many other metals…
List of Unacceptable Items:
- Body parts of automobiles (hood, side panels, doors).
- Steel cable and barbed wire must be cut into lengths no longer than 3 ft.
- Beer kegs
- Tires or wheels with tires.
- Asbestos materials
- Metals owned by the city or railroad.
- Live ammunition
- Items containing oil/gasoline/fluids, such as lawn mowers, must be completely drained before it can be accepted.
- Engine blocks and transmissions must have oil pan removed and drained of oil.
- Items containing refrigerant (refrigerators, air conditioners) unless refrigerant and compressors have been removed. These items will be accepted for free if the compressor is still attached.
- Compressors must be drilled and emptied of mineral oil.
- Burnt Wire
- Plastics, wood, glass, Styrofoam, cardboard or trash
Places You Can Recycle Items We Cannot Accept
Pierce County has sites where you can recycle plastics, glass and cardboard. Use the Pierce County Public Works & Utilities page to find a list of locations where you can drop-off those items.
Sonoco, located at 1802 Steele Avenue Sumner, WA, will also take/buy cardboard.
If you are looking to get rid of Styrofoam the Tacoma Recycling Center accepts that and packing peanuts.
Tacoma Recycling Center
3510 S Mullen
Ph: (253) 591-5543